For our last challenge project, we were assigned to create a spaghetti bridge. Our bridge had to fit a variety of criteria, including how long it was, how tall it was, and how much it weighed. My group consisted of Lindsay, Taylor, and I. Our bridge weighted 223.01g, it was 340 mm long, 80mm tall, and 120 mm wide.
1. I thought that the competition day was the most rewarding part of this project because after all the work of designing our bridge on paper, then actually making it, we were curious to know how much weight it would actually hold. It ended up holding 4500g, which was way more then we thought it would.
2. I think the strength of our bridge was our unique design. We didn't have a normal filled out base like the rest of the teams, we just had two long beams of spaghetti then smaller pieces glued on in triangular form for more support. We also had triangles along the sides, and over the top. Another strength we had was that we made our bridge fairly light, we decided we didn't need all the spaghetti we received as it wasn't going to help us in the long run anyways.Lindsay, Taylor and I worked together very well. All our ideas were combined to form one very strong design.
3. Some changes that I would incorporate on our design are:
- to add even more triangles to make the bridge even stronger
- make a stronger base, so our bridge would be more balanced
Overall, I think we had a very strong design and I was really proud of how our bridge did.
No comments:
Post a Comment